Saturday, January 03, 2009

Making lefse with Grandma

Grandma and Granddaughter, aren't they beautiful!!With Christmas every year comes our tradition of lefse making with Grandma (my mother, Alice). Fortunately Selena has become very skilled at it and I don't have to worry about doing it myself; I've never been very patient for it.
Working together we made about 100 lefse. Oh, in case you didn't know, lefse is a norwegian flat bread. René used to say that it was kind of like sweet tortillas (not really!)
Selena mixes the lefse dough. This is the part where I usually get impatient and I'm glad that Selena volunteered to do it.

"Lefse dog", Skippy Lu
My Dad and Xavier were goofing around while we were working!

Skippy Lu LOVES grandpa! Do you wonder why?

Grandpa also really enjoys Xavi's music (as do the rest of us.)

Preparing for X-mas at home: Selena gets a kiss from our foster dog, Tara.
Merry dog, Merry Christmas!

No comments: