Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Christmas Eve at Home


Selena and Grandma shared a moment talking about "Christmas past" at home in Kenyon, MN. On the farm "they used to clean the whole house and wash all of the floors before Christmas Eve". Also, they set up the Christmas tree and decorated it on Christmas Eve. My grandmother Rodde was so tired that she used to fall asleep at dinnertime! My cousin Sarah wrote to say: "Mom [my aunt, Rosella] tells the same stories. She also tells how they would take down the curtains beforehand and wash everything, and then on Christmas Eve they would put everything up again, so the whole house was clean and fresh. And their mother would put on a clean tablecloth, too, I think."Xavier shares his ipod with his cousin Jeffrey.
Kyle, my nephew



Grandpa Bishop and Kyle.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun to see! Mom tells the same stories. She also tells how they would take down the curtains beforehand and wash everything, and then on Christmas Eve they would put everything up again, so the whole house was clean and fresh. And their mother would put on a clean tablecloth, too, I think. I am obviously a disgrace to the family, since I have no idea when I last washed my floors, and the curtains would probably fall into shreds if I ever took them down! Fun to read!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

I just realized you (on my blog follower list) are the Ahna on unschooling Mn list! I hope we will get to meet you next month at the get together.

Peace to you!
~Heather ;)

Ahna said...

Hey, Sarah, I'm also a disgrace to this family but I just can't make myself work that hard during Christmas! Mom still cleans the basement walls every year! I admire and wish for that kind of cleanliness but I have other more important priorities... like reading blogs!
Ahna