Thursday, May 29, 2008

The LONG push home!! (Day 11)

Yesterday we traversed the entire state of Montana! Uff da! We drove till midnight and found a decently priced hotel on the eastern side. I don't even remember what town it was. Selena was suddenly homesick and Xavier was ready for us to return. And... I've had enough of driving in the mountains! I have to admit it was quite nice to see the flat lands of North Dakota. Again, we drove most of the day and arrived home fairly early, about 6 p.m. Now it's time to clean out everything but it's always nice to return home!

3 comments:

Alex Polikowsky said...

So you are the one form MN that was with her DD at Life is Good. Schuyler and David Waynforth were here visiting and told me they met you.
I am Alex down here near Rochester.
We are planing to go next year since I could not make to L & L this year ( and it is the last one).
Nice meeting you!

Ahna said...

Hi Alex! Hey, it's a small world, at least our unschooling one. We just spent the weekend down there. My sister lives in Rochester and I visited my uncle in Stewartville. He took me around looking at farms for sale. I found one that I really like but I haven't sold MY house yet.
The Life is Good conference was great! I felt re-energized from being with so many other like-minded people. Sometimes it's too easy to get complacent and not appreciate the unique life that you have.
Well, nice to meet you too! I'll look for your blog, too.
Ahna

Alex Polikowsky said...

Hi Ahna! So you think you want to move down???? How great that would be !!! There is another unschooling family in town ( there are more but somewhat less radical) that have 4 kids with 2 girls that are I think between 11-14 years old.
They would love to have you and your dd down here. We just spent the day yesterday at Valley Fair together.

keep in touch!!!!!And if you come down let me know!!!