Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hiking in Glacier Park

There are many trails in Glacier National Park and we hiked in ALL of the ones that were open this early in the year. We guess that this hollow in this tree would be a good hiding place for hide and seek. Of course, I had to get inside right away. Selena wasn't so anxious to do so. She's always much more cautious than me!
This trail followed the river. The water is so incredibly clean that you can see right to the bottom. It makes you realize how much we have polluted this planet. None of the lakes that we visit in Minnesota are this clean by any measure.

We took advantage of our "bear fear" to talk about anything that came into our heads, even the most meaningless chatter. I was chattering away and another hiker came up behind me and scared me to death. She said, "I'm not a bear!" I said, "No, I didn't think you were dressed in that yellow outfit."

Some of these trees are at least 500 years old. This is one of the oldest tree stands in the park. Most have been burned or flooded, as is the natural progression of things.
More hiking and enjoying the park.

No comments: