Friday, February 27, 2009

Goodbye Ducks!

We now remember René's office the way it used to be. It had a border ring of white geese around the top of the walls along the ceiling. I HATED those "ducks" and talked incessantly about "getting rid of the ducks" and repainting the room. Well, it never happened because René actually liked "the ducks" (they're actually geese, but this was the pre-homesteading era before I actually knew the difference between the two!) I couldn't stand working in that room because everytime I looked up (busy thinking...) I was distracted by those damn ducks!
Well, I'm feeling sentimental about them but they had to go. The room has to be painted so they are gone now. Before I scraped them off the wall I called the kids in to say "goodbye". They were a little sad about it and I felt some guilt so I took the pictures of the memorable "ducks". Oh, I might mention that I did not put the ducks there in the first place. The room was a children's play room before we bought the house. Once René moved in there with his desks and books there was NO getting him out of there to repaint the room. It is still kind of fascinating that he LIKED them...
Goodbye ducks...

1 comment:

A Enriquez said...

Hey Jaras! Now that i see them i think i remember the ducks! It was an interesting space.... Saludos y abrazos a todos.... Alex