Saturday, August 16, 2008

Five Dogs in the Kitchen

Tonight our city Ham Lake celebrates the end of the summer with fireworks and a party in the local park. We live only a half mile from said park and can sit outside and watch the fireworks and listen to the music. This evening we decided to stay in and watch the Olympics. For some of you that own dogs you know what I am talking about when I say that fireworks instill terror and drooling in our dogs. Xavier took this photo of me trying to prepare shrimp scampi for supper with a kitchen full of scared dogs. Jota, our Great Dane, poor creature, is terrified of the noise and lights! Apparently he feels much better if he can lean against me or at least touch me. A little rum always helps a little!

1 comment:

Alex Polikowsky said...

loved the picture!!!